Recording Tips and Upload Process
- Always TUNE before you record.
- Have a metronome handy and a set of headphones. If you don’t have a met, there are plenty of them online. Just google it!
- For winds: Play in a quiet, isolated room. Try to minimize outside noise as best as you can.
- Don’t play too close (your sound will start to distort) or too far (so quiet, we can barely hear you) from the camera.
- Percussionists: Play your instrument where it won’t echo or distort your sound. Good places to play might be your garage, outside, etc.
- Winds/Perc: Play with a metronome with headphones or earbuds on!
- Guard: Record your video outside or in a large room where you can’t break anything!
- If you don’t have one already, create a YouTube account.
- When you upload your video, make sure to mark it as “unlisted.”
- Once uploaded, submit your video to our Tumblr or email your video link to email@example.com
- And from there, we fly.