Hi! Just go to our website, click on the “Sign-Up” tab, and fill out the contact form with your choice of instrument or equipment!
I’ve sent you an email. Please check them as soon as you can and email me back with any questions or concerns. Thank you.
No, I, Alejandro, will not be the only conductor. We are looking for people who are interested in being conductor for future videos! SO if you you are interested, feel free to messege us.
Are still up for grabs. Submit those applications (please include all prior experience in guard and *optional* you can submit a video of your guard performing so we can have an idea of what we’re working with).
We’re taking the repeat! Thanks for bringing this up. We’re taking the repeat!
My name is Matt, and I’ve become the guard caption head (sound official, right?!) of the Tumblr Virtual Band. A little about me:
I play the euphonium
I marched Cadets in 2010 on tuba, and I’m returning in 2012 on baritone.
I have been in my high school’s winterguard for 3 years, and I marched in the fall colorguard for the first time for our 2011 season.
Nice to meet y’all!
So, here’s the deal - I’ll be sort of writing all the guard work for the TVB, and uploading videos with the work to be learned by you guys! The videos will be in standard drum corps style format, with a full overview of the work, and then the work broken down every eight counts at a slower speed.
All the info for Born This Way is coming out this Saturday!
Yes, colorguard is doing flag work to Born This Way.
The work will be uploaded to youtube this Saturday.
The video will have:
- the full routine
- an eight count by eight count breakdown of the work
All info for colorguard is coming this Saturday!
If you signed up at our website, you should have gotten an email. If you haven’t yet, click HERE to do so. Thanks.
Yes and we will get it out to you guys as soon as we can upload it on here.
If you’re interested in being in our next video…
- Don’t forget to sign up for your instrument or equipment on the website: www.wix.com/genevieveailee4/tvb
- After you see your name on the list, go to the “Sheet Music” tab, click on the “Born This Way” link, and download your part.
Song: Born This Way arr. Michael Brown
Tempo: 125 bpm
Video Deadline: March 18, 2012
If you have any questions, feel free to email or message us.
This tumblr should remain as professional as possible, so excuse me for being conversational. But seriously, everything happens while I’m asleep. It’s kind of frustrating. I’m thinking of becoming an owl or some other nocturnal creature.
Anyways… Thanks so much for joining everyone. If you play a string/percussion/brass/woodwind, please get started on your parts. If you aren’t any of those, ask the admins about what you can do. If you don’t know what to do, ask the admins too! You don’t have to play every single song. Our next song with “Born This Way”
by Lady Gaga and arranged by Michael Brown. I hope you decide to play with us!
We will pick the top three applicants and messege them and let the three of them decide which piece of equipment the want to choreograph. They will be able to switch equipment if they choose. Thank you for your suggestion!
Song: Born This Way - Arranged by Michael Brown
Tempo: 125 bpm
Deadline to Upload Video: March 18, 2012
After uploading your video to YouTube:
- SUBMIT your video to thevirtualband.tumblr.com/submit
- or email your video link to email@example.com
- Send us a message =]
Wow. It’s really great to see many of you are interested. Alright before we dive into the recording business, I want to clear up a few things that I’ve been getting emails and messages about.
1. Guard Admin Auditions
- Yes! We are now accepting colorguard. Because we just decided this today, we are a bit unprepared for the guard portion of TVBG. So what we’ve decided is that we’re going to hold somewhat of an “audition.” What the guard admin does is create flag, rifle, and sabre work for the music we’ll be playing. If you are interested, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or message us with all your prior guard experience and an *optional video of you or your guard performing.
2. Introduction Video
- I’ve been getting many emails about the introduction video. The introduction video is also *optional. This video is just a way for us admin, members, and viewers to get to know you. If you plan to do this, just submit the video to our Tumblr, and we’ll put it up on our “Meet The Crew” page.
3. Doubling, Tripling Up on instruments
- For now, this is completely acceptable! We were definitely not anticipating this many people to hop on board in such quick notice. As we go further into this, we might have to limit the number of people per instrument. But for now, you can play ALL THE INSTRUMENTS!
4. TVB&G Only for The US?
- No! TVB&G is open to everybody all across the world. And by everybody, I mean everybody. We don’t discriminate on playing ability, gender, age, race, food preference, hair color, etc.
- Always TUNE before you record.
- Have a metronome handy and a set of headphones. If you don’t have a met, there are plenty of them online. Just google it!
- For winds: Play in a quiet, isolated room. Try to minimize outside noise as best as you can.
- Don’t play too close (your sound will start to distort) or too far (so quiet, we can barely hear you) from the camera.
- Percussionists: Play your instrument where it won’t echo or distort your sound. Good places to play might be your garage, outside, etc.
- Winds/Perc: Play with a metronome with headphones or earbuds on!
- Guard: Record your video outside or in a large room where you can’t break anything!
- If you don’t have one already, create a YouTube account.
- When you upload your video, make sure to mark it as “unlisted.”
- Once uploaded, submit your video to our Tumblr or email your video link to email@example.com
- And from there, we fly.
And an extra note on the side… If you signed up for your instrument or weapon, I’ve posted your names under which part you want to play.
Thanks everyone, I’m really excited for this.
The deadline for applications will be this coming Saturday. If you are interested in running the guard portion and coming up with the work for the guard of the Tumblr Virtual Band & Guard please messege us with all prior guard experience you have and (optional) link us to a video of your guard performing. The admin group will look over all applicants and let you guys know on Sunday who will be your Guard caption head! Best of luck to you all!
Yes, we are accepting color guard members for the Tumblr Virtual Band group but we need someone to run that section of the group. Please messege us if you are interested in becoming an admin for the color guard portion of the group. We need someone who will be capable of coming up with the work and such!
The TVB Admin group would like to thank you for your interest in the Tumblr Virtual Band. Please feel free to ask us any questions and don’t forget to sign yourself up for the next video here
We hope you enjoy this wonderful experience!
Song: Born This Way (arr. Michael Brown)
Tempo: 125 bpm
Deadline to Upload Video: March 18, 2012
A couple reminders:
- Tune before you record!
- Don’t play too close to the camera that it buzzes and distorts your sound
- Don’t play too far from the camera that we can’t hear you
What you do once you record your video:
- Upload your video to YouTube (make sure to put your video as “unlisted”)
- Email the video link to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or submit your video to thevirtualband.tumblr.com
This upcoming vacation, my band is cleaning out the band room. I can see if I can get some short and easy arrangements that we’re throwing out, or something.