Deadline is today. If you’ve signed up, please get those videos in today! We still don’t have every part covered. We still have no double reed instruments, tenor and Bari sax, trumpet parts, mello/French horn, baritone/euph, keyboard mallets, snare or tenor drums, cello or string bass, and absolutely no guard videos yet.
If you can’t have it done today, but will be able to have it in the next 1-3 days, shoot us a message and we can make an exception. You have to let us know first! On another note, PLEASE TUNE before you record (tunerr.com if you don’t have on handy). And also use a METRONOME (if you don’t have a met, there are some online ones you can use). These are very important.
Upload your video to YouTube and email us the link or submit your video to our tumblr. Thanks everyone!
We have almost 10 videos sent in! I’m very, very excited to see and hear how “Born This Way” is going to turn out. There’s so much talent out there in the world and I’m glad we can showcase that! If you still have to send in a video, make sure to do it in the next two days. You have until Sunday March 18 to complete it. If you can’t have the video done by that time but able to have it done in the next 1-3 days, just let us know and we might be able to make an exception. Happy St. Patty’s Day and play on!
It’s called “Marching Season” by YANNI. It’s arranged for a percussion ensemble though by someone else.
We, the admins, are currently suggesting and reviewing songs, that we would like to do after we do Born This Way, amongst ourselves and we have come up with some pretty exciting pieces. Some pieces that we have suggested are
- Fountain of Dreams from Super Smash Bros (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v9KtRTFoeY)
- Littleroot Town Theme from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6tbN9SZXs)
- One Winged Angel/Sephiroth’s Theme from Final Fantasy VII (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn71hIsm0U8)
- Passion/Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts II (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btMtLfpICdI)
That’s what we have on the table so far but we are always open for recommendations and suggestions from our fellow members. So if you have a piece in mind that you would like to do, please inbox us, tweet us, email us, or link us to a video. We will check it out and see if we can arrange it if we don’t already have an arrangement in our virtual library.
So I’ve got a few messages about the uploading process. I’ve gotten questions like “Do I have to use youtube?” or “How do I send in my video?” Here’s a post that will (hopefully) clarify all your questions.
- If you don’t have one, I highly suggest you create a youtube account. It’s very easy - all you need is a working gmail account to create one. The easiest way to download videos is if you use YouTube. Using other video sites like vimeo won’t allow download from a third-party source.
Sending in your video
There are a few ways to send your video to us:
- Upload it to YouTube and submit your video to our tumblr (http://thevirtualband.tumblr.com/submit)
- Upload it to YouTube and email us the video linke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are recording using an iPhone, you can directly email us with the video as an attached file. Other camera files create large files that aren’t able to send through email. The iPhone is the only one that I know so far that can send videos through email.
What to include
In your YouTube description/email please include these things:
- Your name (last name initial, don’t put full last name!)
- Where you’re from (Only your state/country, but if you want to add your city - go for it)
- Your affiliation (ex. name of high school/college band or orchestra, drum corps, any other music organization. This can be current or previous affiliation. If previous use “former” or “alumni”)
And that’s it! If you have more questions, go ahead and message us. Play on!
Hi my name is Madi and my band needs your help please. We have to chance to go to Hawaii but we need some donations. The whole story is in the link (https://www.wepay.com/donations/162618) Please consider sharing :D Thank You :3
not sure what you mean- any silk is fine! I was just using the one I had handy.
Sure thing, I’ll get on that tomorrow.
Sorry ‘bout the lighting!
We just fixed it! Sorry ‘bout that, y’all.